Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I have no mouth and I must scream

Officer: So at that point I went to hit the record button on my device but I hit play instead.
Me: And you didn't hear it playing?
Officer: Uh, no.
Me: Ok.  Didn't you also write an email to the evidence tech saying, "There's something wrong with the recording I have"?
Officer: Um.  Yes.
Me: So when you said you had a recording, you actually meant you didn't have a recording.
Officer: Right.
Judge: Yeah that sounds legit.

A client asked me once while he was freaking out over an illegal stop of his son and what he was facing, "Who makes sure the cops do their jobs right?"  And I was like, uh... me?

Not that I have much power beyond dragging cops to court and keeping them off the street for 30 minutes while they get paid overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment