Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reaper

There was a TV show at some point called Reaper.  No.

No I'm thinking of something else.  Hold on.

Dead Like Me.

That was it.

You know what that show failed to do?  It was all "being death is a job and you have a boss and quotas and shit."

But really being death also requires a lot of paperwork.  A shit ton.

It's weird after a while.  I was just in court, pleading A not guilty.  Meanwhile, B was entering his denials on his probation violations, he was in A's position 5 months ago.  Also, C is here for sentencing and I can already see the writing on the wall- I'll get probation from the judge, but a retained is right around the corner.

The circle of prison.  It moves us all.  Through despair and hope.  Through faith and love.  Till we find our place, in some dark prison cell.  It's the circle, the circle of prison.

Meanwhile, as professional, what was it they called me in Apocalypse Now.. Grocery Clerk.  As professional Grocery Clerk, I shuffle the paper.  I shuffle so that the circle may be whole.  I shuffle for you all.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment